Serving more than 400 families, Families on the Move provides support for foster/adoptive caregivers, training, advocacy, familiy events and support groups for parents and youths. Free childcare is offered during support meetings. Additional services and assistance include:
* Foster Parent Review Board hearings
* Family to Family Case Reviews
* Pre and Post-Adoption resources
* Recruiting and retention of adopted and foster families
* Allegations of abuse and neglect training
* Eduational retreats for families
Families on the Move provides its membership support for youth activities and graduation assistance (pictures, prom, senior trips) through generous donations and sponsorships.
There is a $25 membership fee, although no one is turned away for an inability to pay.
Families on the Move
PO Box 35034
Detroit, MI 48235
Phone: (313) 532-0012
Last updated: October 17th, 2011